Thursday, February 14, 2013

Write Pillar Articles

Some time ago I wrote the post “101 Blog Tips I learned in 2013“. It received a lot of attention and positive feedback, but since the tips included are short phrases going straight to the point many people asked whether I could expand and explain a little bit better some of them. “Write pillar articles” is one of the 101 tips, and below I will try to describe what are pillar articles and how your blog could benefit from them:


Characteristics of pillar articles:
  • they are longer posts
  • usually above 750 words
  • they offer a clear value to the reader
  • their content is timeless
  • their content is original and unique
  • they outline the expertise of the writer around a specific topic
  • they attract links from other bloggers
Pillar article clearly consume more time and energy than the existing, they added around the specific target of research for more than a period (sometimes a week spending or 30 Conversely, while more pillars in writing, you may need some ideas of maturity - 60minutes I) used in the daily posts.
Additional work, however, while it is worth. He, add the Web site to your favorites or subscribe to the feed over a long period of time and also provides reliable pillar articles on your blog to increase traffic and contribute reader is well-written, informative and interesting articles from you again in the near future to visit is likely that the address of the site that you want to be remembered. That if it was not enough to attract a higher probability of pillar articles of other bloggers link.
What are you waiting for? Start now, next to a pillar in the writing!

6 comments:

Cory Miller said...

Great post! And I loved the tips too.
This post reminded me of Brian Clark’s CopyBlogger also. Timeless, practical, awesome posts that rock.

Josh Tillont said...

I just would like to inform you that a few days ago, came through your blog and I really enjoy it. It is the original content are (Finding these days can be difficult), and again the basic ideas. I'm all up and techie content that I discovered that on many occassions, and my blog and web site all caught up in the basic Forget. However, the evaluation / traffic reduction when this area will always drag me to "sand" to go back and get. Thank you for all the work here so other people can learn ...

LGR said...

Thanks for the article. I have been wondering if I should continue with some longer posts, but I am sure you are right, that in the long term those pillar posts will be great to have.

marcia siegel said...

i have never heard the term “pillar articles”. however, this is exactly what i do in my blogs. my goal is to help people in the area of self improvement. i try to present ideas and information with a new twist. i like to use current events to discuss an important technique for self improvement.

SEO Genius said...

Another very good point, this is something i adapted to my site a couple of days ago and since then i have seen a couple of people telling other people about my articles on a thread related to the topic.
Now this will not only bring traffic but also a nice backlink, and reputation.

Daily Good Tips said...

I think long article is good if and if has king content, the best content and every paragraph have quality weight. Readers bored if the article is only long but weightless.

Post a Comment