Saturday, February 9, 2013

Best diction with good articulation


in Channel View the TV channel management in the city of Guanajuato produce commercials for transmission on the same channel, sometimes not use amateur announcers to record some vocals, but most of them when we started doing the tests have audio problems diction, so I've been researching on how to improve diction and apparently, according Radialistas , the solution is in a good joint.


What we call "good coordination"?
A clear pronunciation of words. That others can hear and distinguish well everything we say.

Out of habit or laziness, some people talk with his mouth closed, his lips barely moving. Others, shyness, adopting a tone so low and barely understand what they say.

Face Lift, clear your throat, mouth wide open. Like the musician, the speaker or the speaker tune your instrument before touching it, so that the audience does not miss a single note of his symphony.

Exercise 1
Biting a pencil, like you have a brake horse in the mouth. In that position, get to read a newspaper. Do this exercise for five minutes. You see how you loosen all the muscles of the face.

Exercise 2
Take a book and start reading aloud, slowly and syllables:
How-do-the-co-ro-nel-Au-re-lia-no-good-di-a
few paragraphs and Avanza, exaggerating the reading, as grimacing to speak. Then faster syllables, making sure that you pronounce each of the letters in each word.

Good diction is another thing. Try the exact pronunciation of all the letters and words. The articulation means clarity. Now we talk about the correction.

It must appeal to the popularity of the station or the colloquial language to crush language radio. In a skit does not matter because we are reflecting our everyday way of speaking. In an interview, the interviewee can speak as he pleases, while not offend. But to drive a magazine or informative speakers and presenters should endeavor to pronounce well.

We must correct the lyrics meals ( eses especially) and changed (the l by r , the r for l , the c by p ).

They are also bad mouthed the words ( haiga instead of there , they had instead of there , Naiden instead of one , satisfació rather satisfied and many others).

Do not go to the other extreme, a mania for remaining natural speech the speaker. Are those who utter until the second s of Strauss and p of psychology. In some courses, speech, exercise fricative sound of v to differentiate it from the b . Such exaggeration, improper Spanish, sounds very pedantic.

Exercise 3
Tongue twisters are very helpful. Find one with lyrics uncomfortable for you. For example, if you have problem with r , the usual practice R with R cigar, R with R barrel, fast cars run along the railway line . Say it out two, four, eight, sixteen times "tongue until you obey!


In the medicines you have another great year of diction. Read fine print these slips of which are written the tangled chemical formulas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, very interesting.
've seen in Mexico City and much of the center of the country have this problem, resulting in much of the poverty prevailing in the bulk of the population and is expressed among other things in the speech. It would be good to distribute.
Greetings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack, great that you wrote this article on proper diction. I have 43 years and I tabajo Instructional Analyst Petroleos de Venezuela SA.
Here in my country there are many students from other parts of South America, especially Bolivia, who find it difficult to articulate the words and they study at the University Venezuela.
I did not know how to explain, without offending, which should improve the articulation and voice projection to speak, they speak very softly Bolivians and hardly opened his mouth to speak, plus everything you explain there in that article ... Now I'm going to copy your article and I'm going to give these guys and get out of the package ... jejejej, just kidding, but they will have another reference other than me and I am Venezuelan but you also are Mexican I think you will understand better ... thanks ...
Guillermo.

Anonymous said...

hello, if I practice these exercises daily already noticed how long q speak clearer, earlier I spoke out, just sometimes my voice down when she was nervous, but since 5 years ago and I was prescribed psychotropic once the take too much and I'm a bad diction, which I regret but at least I can tell ... well I always say q "tongue entangled me," "I talk a lot and fast", "or drawled," what worse is that in a few months I give my certification exam and oral is very insecure and I get this problem ... I went to a speech therapist but it did not help my anxiety xq this makes this nerve yx q q eende badmouth ... and me q said he could not treat me like I will not be nervous if I said above q but I calm myself to treat me???

good to have more exercises more than anything to be able to speak more clearly, what the pencil you explain a little more please, xq almost jog, while reading?? I do if my tongue entangled in the same pen, try moving your lips when reading??????

NEED HELP PLEASE ... URGENTEEEEE

Post a Comment